United Wrestling Experience
Check out UWE. http://www.infinitepossibilitygames.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Check out UWE. http://www.infinitepossibilitygames.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toying with Finisher idea

3 posters

Go down

Toying with Finisher idea Empty Toying with Finisher idea

Post  Ubie Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:38 pm

Finisher Idea:

When you make a finisher, everything you do will cost points, which will be used to figure out how much the move costs in UD, what the momentum required will be, and how slowly it levels.

(Initial Creation - i.e. setup text)

Created from Scratch + 100 pts

Created from an already exitsting move + 0 pts

(Flavor text)

Use move's text that already exists + 0pts

Rewrite successful hit text for an existing move + 10pts

Rename move + 20pts

(Modifiers)

Has a setup move (i.e. a move that you have to hit before you can attempt your finisher) - 50pts

+5 Pinbonus + 20pts

+5 Submission bonus + 50pts

+5 Bleedbonus + 10pts

+1 min damage + 10pts

+1 max damage + 10pts

So, if you use, say, the crossface as your finisher and you want to call it the Crippler Crossface:

Known Move: + 0pts
User Move's text: + 0pts
Rename move: + 20pts
Increase it's submission bonus by 20: +100pts
Increase the maxdam by 10: +100pts

Total: 220pts

Or if you wanted to make a completely new move called the Ubie Plunge, which has a damage of 5-25 and follows a DDT:

Created from Scratch: +100 pts
+5 min damage: +50pts
+25 max damage: +250pts
Has setup move: -50pts

Total: 350pts

Will also have to figure out how to charge for changes to other move parameters, but this is what I'm toying with at the moment.

Last edited by Ubie on Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ubie
Ubie
Admin
Admin

http://www.infinitepossibilitygames.com

Back to top Go down

Toying with Finisher idea Empty Re: Toying with Finisher idea

Post  Snapshot Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:13 pm

I think there are a lot of good ideas here. I also think there are some opportunities for evolution.

I'll start with the order of production.

Creation :
Choosing a move they have access to isn't a bad idea actually. I think, however, that raising the cost for simply having a unique move might be a bit harsh. Unless, by raising the cost, you mean the UWE Dollar cost (hell, give it to donors for free or at a reduced cost)

Flavor Text:
Another great opportunity for donors to get something that doesn't break gameplay at a free or reduced cost.

Modifiers:
The scale you have is assuming they are using a default move. If they make a custom move, would those really be the point costs? 20 points for a 1-1 move with nothing on top? I'm not opposed to (During the Initial Creation step) something like "100 points for 45 points to spend on damage. This would NOT be discounted for donors. This way, a new player who's a donor gets access to a very decent finisher, but eventually might want to get something from our higher damage section). I do like the Submission and Pin bonus costs though, and I would keep those. I also like the "This is the leadup" type move, as it incorporates the idea behind combos we have in another thread somewhere... My only concern about that would be the dubious players might try to streamline a process like that, to where they only have (say) one grounded move, and it's the trigger for their finisher.

Personally, I'm a fan of Finishers Only When Stunned. We can discuss that sort of thing later on.

So, how I see it....

Snapshot's 8 Hit Air Combo.
Created From Scratch - 100pts (Unless it's in UWE bucks or whatever)
Flavor Text - Discounted or Free
Modifiers - 20-25 damage (free from the Created From Scratch choice) +15 min (+150 points) +15 max (+150 points) +20 pin (+80 points)

Total Cost - 430 points for a 35-40 Damage pin move with a 20 pin bonus, with custom text in every box.
Snapshot
Snapshot
Moderator Manager
Moderator Manager

Back to top Go down

Post  Ubie Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:01 am

That's correct, and it's by design.

My thought process is this: If you want to work on a move you already know and evolve it into a finisher then the learning curve for it is less, since you already have the basics of the move down. If you want to use a move that is completely different than any other move you have, then there's a cost involved. Since I'm not making you spend realtime to learn a finisher, the cost has to be in the form of it's cost in UD and in momentum.

Now, there WILL be ways to get the momentum cost down on a finisher, I just haven't fully fleshed out the idea. Also, the "cost" that you see in my first post is just a way to scale the move's costs in UD/Momentum, not their actual momentum cost. It would be a factor of that cost, but again not having the full idea fleshed out, I can't say exactly what that would be.

I'll probably put in finishers after I put in match changing abilities, seeing as I can do those without as much thought involved. Right now, I need to get over this sickness so I can think straight.
Ubie
Ubie
Admin
Admin

http://www.infinitepossibilitygames.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lundex Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:46 pm

Well, that idea is very original and sounds like it could work, so when should we be excepting it? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Lundex

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum