United Wrestling Experience
Check out UWE. http://www.infinitepossibilitygames.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Check out UWE. http://www.infinitepossibilitygames.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ubie's Dev Log - Updated 10-10-09

Go down

Ubie's Dev Log - Updated 10-10-09 Empty Ubie's Dev Log - Updated 10-10-09

Post  Ubie Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:46 am

Day 38 (Oct 9, 2009)
-You guessed it...more layout.
-Implemented the first user setting. You can now toggle the meters from the match display.

Day 37 (Oct 8, 2009)
-Implemented basic fans.
-Oh, and more layout playing

Day 36 (Oct 7, 2009)
-Playing more with site layout and theme
-Made main page more...interactive. You now see your training times and new reports.
-Decided to apply the theme to the rest of the site.
-Added challange timers to the front page.

Day 35 (Oct 6, 2009)
-Adjusted the chat so that people with long names can see what they are typing.
-Tweaked the move chain code. Originally the forumla was 5 + (Your Quickness - Opp Quickness). That makes anyone who is 5 points lower in quickness unable to get more than 1 move off. Changed the modifier to 5 + (Your Quickness - Opp Quickness) / 5. So, now in order to have only 1 move, your opponent has to have 25 more quickness than you do.

Day 34 (Oct 5, 2009)
-Added news system on main page.
-More bug fixing.
-Implemented BLOCKDAMAGE into move database. Not in engine yet.
-Major site layout update
-Made the countdowns for your wrestler dynamic. It's a bit buggy and only shows seconds but it's getting there!

Day 33 (Oct 4, 2009)
-Some general bug tracking and fixing.

Day 32 (Oct 3, 2009)
-Couple of more site changes
-Implemented simple training code. It's a little corse, since housekeeping runs once every 5 mins. If you aren't on, you might lose up to 4 min, 59sec of training time, but nothing I can do for that at the moment.
-Added code to check for stat increase each time wrestler is viewed. This will help keep things cleaner.
-Opened basic character creation to the Alpha team. Go break it!
-Opened basic challenge code. 7mins between challenges, 3mins after a challenge before you can be challeneged again.
-Fixed bug that was not taking challenge timers into account.
-Fixed bug that was not updating wins/losses/draws correctly
-Fixed oversight that left Gender out of creation! (Sorry Snaps!)

Day 31 (Oct 2, 2009)
-More site layout work

Day 30 (Oct 1, 2009) - Yay first month!
-Mod Guide added to Mod Menu. Thanks Snaps!
-Fixed Whois display. It was taking it's color from the webpage, which is now white...

Day 29 (Sept 30, 2009)
-Worked again with more site layout issues.
-Moved chat out of a flatfile container into the DB itself. Should be more consistant and I can now play with it.
-Implemented Mod controls in chat. Mods can now kick and ban from the chat name list.
-Added site Mod controls. Mods can now set ban lengths and banned people will no longer be able to access chat.
-Added site housekeeping. This currently only resolves the bans, but it's the framework to deal with training, so that's in place too.
-Added guides to chat, as well as permission levels for Guide Manager and Mod Manager. Will get their own panels soon.
-Fixed bug that would not allow the mod links in chat to work on people with titles (mod, admin, guide)
-Added Mod Manager ability to userlookup. Mod Managers can now hire and fire their own mods and change chat names!
-Added Admin functions to the userlookup. Admins can now set custom chat colors. (more to come)

Day 28 (Sept 29, 2009)
-LET THERE BE COLOR! Color in chat is working.
-Tweaked the look of chat a little bit. I was thinking of making chat a pop out, but with it working correctly I'm going to look at integrating it directly into the site.

Day 27 (Sept 28, 2009)
-Began initial coding for wrestler creation. Currently, creation only creates the name and the Improved/Reduced Stats (all stats start at 1, obviously) This is in testing, and provided I find no bugs, stat training will be implemented next. Provided there are no bugs there, it'll be opened to the alpha team to test. Yay for progress again!
-Began initial site layout implementation. Chat...might change again. I am so unhappy with it.

Day 26 (Sept 27, 2009)
-Worked on finishing up the backed. Will start coding tomorrow.

Days 21 (Sept 22, 2009) - 25 (Sept 26, 2009)
-Still working out the logistics behind he scene. Some code has been written but hasn't been implemented since it's not complete. Also had some real life issues crop up. For those of you who know, I'm a main of faith, and there have been things I've had to do. When the Lord calls, I answer.

Days 17 (Sept 16, 2009) - 20 (Sept 21, 2009)
-Been working on the advantage/disadvantage system. No code changes so the dev log has not been updated. Rest asured I am still working on the site!

Day 16 (Sept 15, 2009)
-More chat work. Modified look a bit. Color code is a pain. Not sure if I can easily get the colors the way I want them. Still a work in progress.

Day 15 (Sept 14, 2009)
-Implemented Chat
-Worked on integrating chat with site (no where near done)

Day 14 (Sept 13, 2009)
-Added user profile management. You can now change your password, email and display name.

Day 13 (Sept 12, 2009)
-Fixed logout code so that it won't barf on itself.

Day 12 (Sept 11, 2009)
-Continued with code tightening
-Fixed unknown bug that was causing pin calculations not to function correctly resulting in fewer kickouts than should have been.
-Added code to prevent tapping before you are under 50% health (tired of black/black tap outs!)
-Added a setting (the first!!) for you to decide when your wrestler will take a breather to recover some breath.
-Minor bug fixes to the move editor as well as some visual enhancements.

Day 11 (Sept 10,2009)
-Fixed calculation bug with dodge damage when breath was less than 1%. Should be a max of 2x dodge damage now no matter how low breath gets. (Thanks Schem!)

Day 10 (Sept 9, 2009)
-More internal clean up
-Added fields to Move database entry for stat costs for moves
-Tweaked submission code to give the defender a progressive bonus to break a hold
-Played more with engine output formatting

Day 9 (Sept 8, 2009)
-No major development

Day 8 (Sept 7, 2009) - Beginning of week 2! Yay!
-Implemented breath code.
-Set initial breath recovery at Endurance/10 per turn, min of 1.
-Breath now modifies all damage in game based on comparing both wrestlers, so if W1 has 100%, and W2 has 100% of their breath, then the move does 100% damage. If W1 has 50%, and W2 has 100%, then the move does 50% damage. If W1 has 100% and W2 has 50%, the move does 150%, etc. (assuming W1 is attacking)
-Fixed the end of match report code to look nicer.
-Fixed a bug where when you first loaded the page, it named wrestler 2 wrestler 1.
-Fixed a bug where the charisma score wasn't being updated (not in use yet, though...)
-Fixed a bug where dodge/block calculations were reversed. (Thanks snaps!)
-Doing a move now expends breath. (oops)

Day 7 (Sept 6, 2009)
-Played with the match display to better give feedback as to what condition the wrestlers are
-Got code ready to implement the breath stats, which should help deal with pin/sub issues.
-More code cleanup
-Began implementation of Stats for real. There will be a forum post with specifics on how calculations are run so that you can get an idea what each stat does to the engine. Also note, Breath still isn't in yet, and it will modify just about everything.

Day 6 (Sept 5, 2009)
-Had a bug in my code to randomly pick moves that was causing the entire application to die because it was taking too long. Implemented a temp fix which lead me to put in place the smart move selection code. Site seems to be running a lot better.
-Fixed a couple of bugs causing positions to be out of whack.
-Found and fixed a few moves that has missing positions for their dodge position.
-General code tightening to make match rendering faster.
-Added in submission damage words
-Added in submissions
-Added in Injury due to submission holds

Day 5 (Sept 4, 2009)
-Found and fixed a major logic bug. If you failed an attack (blocked or dodged), the match moved into the failureposition. If you successfully attacked...the match moved into the failureposition. *facepalm*
-Changed move result codes to separate block and dodge results
-Changed failureposition to dodgeposition in move database
-Added in dodge damage, and am mulling the idea of block damage.
-Added blockposition to move database and updated move editor.

Day 4 (Sept 3, 2009)
-Cleaned up some of my result checks, which will make the tweaking phase a lot easier
-Recalculated the pin code again. Still not happy with it.
-Added bleed code. Knockouts are back in the game. Like the other checks, no where near happy with them.
-Made a minor change to pin code to get ready for pinning moves being activated.
-Added links to Beta Count Down and Dev Log into side menu for ease of access.
-Implemented pinning moves.
-Prettied up the site a little

Day 3 (Sept 2, 2009)
-Enabled position code. We currently have a lot of moves leading into grounded, but very few coming out.
-Put in some temp code to help get out of grounded
-Wrote the initial pin code. Not happy with early/mid match pinning, but seems to do well at the end where it matters. Will tweak more later
-Put damage message in bold to easier read
-Removed temp knockout code. Knockouts will return when bleed is implemented. Matches now end in pin fall or draw.
-Added a couple of stock moves to put wrestlers into running positions for testing. Don't have a Both running move, so had to create a placeholder in the db. (A move editor needs to fix that)

Day 2 (Sept 1, 2009)
-fixed a bug in the move editor not allowing block and dodge descriptions with special characters to be edited.
-MOVED TO PERM HOST!!
-Transfer of database complete
-Transfer of code complete
-Edited code to use it's new address
-Added password reset utility
-Added access control. Now only people who have been accepted into the alpha team can see the site.
-Fixed issue causing new moves to not be added.
-Added Block and Dodge messages to make the match easier to read.
-Stealth change to block/dodge calculation. Initial testing was positive. 95 speed vs 95 str (20 everything else) was dark red/dark red or dark red/red in 10-15 matches.
-Added forum link to side menu

Day 1 (Aug 31, 2009)
-Build basic engine
-Added ability to customize test wrestlers
-Added damage and health colors and codes
-Set match length to 100 (later changed to 200)
-Added user access and admin & move editor menus
-Coded move editor
-Added 2 more test moves

Last edited by Th3 Ch@d on Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:33 am; edited 37 times in total (Reason for editing : Copied from site - Updated 10-10-09)
Ubie
Ubie
Admin
Admin

http://www.infinitepossibilitygames.com

Back to top Go down

Ubie's Dev Log - Updated 10-10-09 Empty Re: Ubie's Dev Log - Updated 10-10-09

Post  Ubie Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:18 pm

Bugs I need to fix:
Special Character bug in move editor "Move Name" text box.
Ubie
Ubie
Admin
Admin

http://www.infinitepossibilitygames.com

Back to top Go down