United Wrestling Experience
Check out UWE. http://www.infinitepossibilitygames.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Check out UWE. http://www.infinitepossibilitygames.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moves list

Go down

Moves list Empty Moves list

Post  Malice Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:54 pm

Things to consider:
1: Balance. Every move can not be an over powering juggernaut. True, some moves will be, but in the end we'll be rebalancing them anyway. The more "logical" your numbers are, the better.

2: Position. Not just the position of the move, but the resulting position, and positions YOUR wrestler will be in if it is blocked or dodged. If your wrestler will be running, it goes to Attacker is running. Everything is from the point of view of the wrestler originally performing the moves.

3: Repetition. Do we have a move very similar to the move you want to make? If so, maybe we work on something else and come back to that move. Variety is great. Having 8 different stalling vertical suplexes is nice, but if we miss a nice move like the Indian deathlock stretch because of it, then that's just not a good thing.

Here is a brief guide to help you with creating moves for the moves table. Follow this guide and everything will work out well.

This is a list of moves by position and the positions they lead to (as of 10/06/2009). This should be used as a gauge to where we need to make more moves.

The moves list Download. UWEMoves_1_.xls

It has customizable filters based on position only. You will need Microsoft Office Excel or Open Office to view, edit or manipulate the file.

This file features a few filters so you can see the moves available for each position, and which moves lead to which positions. It is an easy tool to use, and you can use multiple filters at once (filter required position to standing and resulting position to grounded, and you will see which standing moves end u with the opponent grounded). Fairly powerful, highly customizable, and easy to use. Any questions, just post them here.

Last edited by Malice on Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Malice
Lifetime Donor Member
Lifetime Donor Member

Back to top Go down

Moves list Empty Re: Moves list

Post  Malice Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:37 pm

Ok. I've sorted the moves by position and I'm doing other things with them ATM. but if you want to add moves to the moves list, PLEASE add them here first. I want a complete list of moves before we just start dropping random moves in the editor. We're lacking SEVERELY in some positions, and I want to have a decent repertoire of moves to be available. We also have to go back and add stats requirements for them all eventually. However, that step is farther off. So try to get a complete list of moves added here before we go into the moves editor. It will keep it easier to manage, and lead to fewer identical moves. Each position will have it's own thread, to keep it organized for me. It should make it easier than having a jumbled list of moves. Add any moves you want to those threads, and we'll start getting them into the system.

Thanks,
Josh

Opening Moves
Standing Moves
Bent Down Moves
Behind Moves
Stunned Moves
Grounded Moves
Attacker Running Moves
Opponent Running Moves
Both Running Moves

Malice