United Wrestling Experience
Check out UWE. http://www.infinitepossibilitygames.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Check out UWE. http://www.infinitepossibilitygames.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ideas Thread

+11
Nr. 47
Sommerlund
joe_bow
Niv
Snapshot
Schem
White Wolf
Th3 Ch@d
Ubie
Inversion
The Destructornator
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ideas Thread Empty Ideas Thread

Post  The Destructornator Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:25 am

Thought we could use this thread to post ideas we get and we don't forget

My idea is:

Have a setting where you can set a certain number of moves to hit off one after another. For example, John Cena's string of attacks
Flying Shoulder Block, Flipping face planter, Spinning back body drop, Five Knuckle Shuffle

He does this nearly every match, and you see others that also have a certain string of attacks

So what I thought of was, you need to build up a certain amount of "Adrenilane" (I'll speak in TWG terms for now) or something similar. Once you have the designated amount, you can perform your string.

It could have a higher success rate in completeing the string, but if you get countered, you suffer much harder than you would if you were countered from just a normal move

The Destructornator
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Ideas Thread Empty Re: Ideas Thread

Post  Inversion Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:19 pm

First, let's just get the basics done.

Inversion
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Ubie Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:33 pm

No, ideas like this are great. Keep them coming. I have a list of priority items for Alpha, and that will likely not change, but Beta is wide open. This is exactly what I'll need to have ready to work on once we get a stable core game going.
Ubie
Ubie
Admin
Admin

http://www.infinitepossibilitygames.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Inversion Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:08 pm

But than you'll go off at me for too many ideas. Razz

Inversion
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Ubie Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:38 am

No such thing as too many ideas. Razz
Ubie
Ubie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Destructornator Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:14 am

Inversion wrote:First, let's just get the basics done.

Yea i didn't mean we should try things that are not needed, the basics need to be right first, or no game Sad

The Destructornator
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Th3 Ch@d Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:03 am

Let's just all keep in mind that there are no such things as wrong Ideas. We need all the ideas you can throw at us.
Th3 Ch@d
Th3 Ch@d
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  White Wolf Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:31 am

Any chance we can get Face/Heel into this game?

Something like a fan bonus to faces, but a damage bonus for heels?

I'm not 100%, but it'd be an immense way to do it.

White Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Ubie Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:33 pm

It's on the list of things I'm planning, although I'm not sure if there will be an actual face/heel value on a player. It might just be natural through the settings I'm going to give.
Ubie
Ubie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  White Wolf Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:35 pm

Also, if we are doing "Feds", can we please, please, please, figure a way to be able to do Invasions and such? TWG is so awful in that area.

White Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Schem Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:34 pm

I was thinking, Maybe,

We can have as a trainer feature, that u do some sort of mission type quests. So you go to the section. Click the next challenge and maybe it is to, beat a local compeititor.

Then after a set amount of time you go again and maybe have to face the Local Champion

then u move up so on
Schem
Schem

Back to top Go down

Post  Snapshot Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:57 pm

Series of Questions about the match engine:
1) Will moves have a modifier to the Strength damage, or will the strength stat merely improve the move's damage itself?
2) Resistance, is it calculated BEFORE the Strength modifier is added in, or after? Or do they merely cancel each other out?
3) Injuries (bleeding, submission damage)? If not, I'm fine. If so, my recommendation is 1% off of max health and stamina per action PER APPLICATION of injury.
4) Will moves be leveling with more use? Personally, I hope not. A leg drop will always be a leg drop, no matter how many millions of times you do it.
5) Will there be actual 'classes' or just really an amalgam of points?
6) Scouting your foes? Yay or nay?

Questions about the Stats:
1) How often do we plan on handing them out? i.e. Is it a based on time thing, something you can pay real money to get more of, training...
2) Would it be a sliding scale of cost for each? A decent balanced person might get more bang for their buck. But someone who put just enough in resistance and all thier eggs in strength would probably be unstoppable.
3) Will submission moves be based on Skill, or will strength have a limited use in it?
4) I think Speed should be able to avoid strength, but only avoid at half value to Skill. Likewise, I think skill should avoid skill at full value, but strength at half. Thoughts? Gives a little less invulnerability to both of the 'dodge' classes.

Questions about future moves:
1) Should moves be purchased with the same 'points' as those used for stats, or should stats be the means to determine if you can have a move?
2) Would resets be available, and if so, would all 'points spent' just be refunded to recreate yourself in ANY image?

Questions about funding:
1) Premium accounts would offer?
2) Premium accounts would cost?
3) Normal accounts would offer?
4) Would there be any means to purchase MORE than the premium accounts with additional funding? Would those be game breaking?

Questions about Chat rules?
1) When I get hired as the head mod, do I get to write the rules? =P
Snapshot
Snapshot
Moderator Manager
Moderator Manager

Back to top Go down

Post  The Destructornator Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:23 am

Writing up the move descrptions has given me this idea

We should have more move postions, making them more in-depth

For example:

Behind Opponent:
When Wrestler 1 is behind Wrestler 2 this can lead to moves like "Back Body Dop", "Running Bulldog, "Chop Block" etc

Grounded Opponent (On Back)
This is where Wrestler 2 is is laying on his back. This leads to move like "Knee Stomp", "Elbow Drop", "Armbar", Figure Four etc.

Grounded Opponent (On Stomach)
This is where Wrestler 2 is laying face down, on his stomach. This can lead to moves like "Boston Crab", "STF", "Knee Slam" etc

This is just 3 positions I thought of

The Destructornator
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Ubie Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:53 pm

Series of Questions about the match engine:
1) Will moves have a modifier to the Strength damage, or will the strength stat merely improve the move's damage itself?
2) Resistance, is it calculated BEFORE the Strength modifier is added in, or after? Or do they merely cancel each other out?
3) Injuries (bleeding, submission damage)? If not, I'm fine. If so, my recommendation is 1% off of max health and stamina per action PER APPLICATION of injury.
4) Will moves be leveling with more use? Personally, I hope not. A leg drop will always be a leg drop, no matter how many millions of times you do it.
5) Will there be actual 'classes' or just really an amalgam of points?
6) Scouting your foes? Yay or nay?

Series of Answers about the match engine:
1) At this point, Strength modifies damage, although that will not last. I'm just using it as the basis for a damage modifier. When I break the skill system into more advanced features, that will change.
2) At this point (noticing a pattern here?), resistance and strength modify each other. The current formula (and again, this WILL change) is Strength/Resistance * 100, so if you have 20 str, and they have 10 resist, you hit twice as hard. If you have 10 str, and they have 20 resist, you his 1/2 as hard.
3) Yes. Bleeding and Submission injuries will be in the game. They will effect performance, however, in a way that I'm not ready to reveal yet.
4) Moves themselves will not level, but you will master them. When you first learn a move, you will blow that spot frequently, resulting in lowered damage, missing, or even self damage depending on the move. As you use it, you get better at it, and that will go away.
5) Not sure on this one yet. Batting around a few ideas. I'm leaning towards no classes with skills that you can pick to make you better in certain areas (i.e. make your own class), but I'm not sure how well that will be received.
6) Limited scouting. You will be able to find out general information on your opponent, but this will be something that we will dive into when he hit Beta.

(Will work on the other sections soon)
Ubie
Ubie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ubie Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:54 pm

The Destructornator wrote:Writing up the move descrptions has given me this idea

For example:

Behind Opponent:
When Wrestler 1 is behind Wrestler 2 this can lead to moves like "Back Body Dop", "Running Bulldog, "Chop Block" etc

This is where Wrestler 2 is is laying on his back. This leads to move like "Knee Stomp", "Elbow Drop", "Armbar", Figure Four etc.

This is where Wrestler 2 is laying face down, on his stomach. This can lead to moves like "Boston Crab", "STF", "Knee Slam" etc

Behind is already in. I'll look into the different groundeds after I actually implement positions.
Ubie
Ubie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Th3 Ch@d Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:06 pm

Ubie wrote:
The Destructornator wrote:Writing up the move descrptions has given me this idea

For example:

Behind Opponent:

Behind is already in. I'll look into the different groundeds after I actually implement positions.

Personally I think that grounded is grounded in this case, and will save on overhead if we just amalgamate them... you can get an opponent onto his back from his stomach simply by turning them over... What's the point of writing endless coding for it?
Th3 Ch@d
Th3 Ch@d
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ubie Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:51 pm

Admin wrote:
Ubie wrote:

For example:

Behind Opponent:

Personally I think that grounded is grounded in this case, and will save on overhead if we just amalgamate them... you can get an opponent onto his back from his stomach simply by turning them over... What's the point of writing endless coding for it?

That was my thought as well, but I'll look into it and if it's not too much more stress on the engine, we can test it.
Ubie
Ubie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  White Wolf Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:45 pm

An idea for feds.

My idea is that show rankings, however they will be displayed, are based off the feds 1 major show.

Each fed has that show, it's "Flagship" Show. For example, Monday Night Raw.

Then, as the fed gets bigger, and gets more money, along with upgrading things like seats, they can also upgrade to get a second show. This show has no effects on rankings, but pulls in money, and pays wrestlers. This would be similar to TWG's Minor shows, and could be used to further storylines.

Then, feds gain money, pay wrestlers, all of that jazz.

Eventually, for a very high price, they can buy another "Airtime Slot" Which would give them a third show. This would bring in less than the other 2, but would not need roleplays and such. A bit like Superstars.

This is just the tip of the iceberg for my ideas on feds, but as they won't be implemented straight away, just getting this sorta thing in would be cool.

White Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Niv Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:23 am

Cool idea, Painny.

You have decided how many sections (Mondial,Local,etc) are going to be added? Personally, I don't suggest to have more than 4/5... GM-ship was better when it used to be an exclusive club, now like 30% of shows are RP-less. >_>

And, would the second and third show add fans to the wrestlers that appear in it? I think, that appearing in the main show should give between 80-100 fans, the second 40-80, and the third 10-30. Just example numbers indeed, hope you can understand what I say. *shrug*

Niv

Back to top Go down

Post  Schem Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:38 am

i have discussed with pain and to be confirmed with UBie but GMs who dont Have RPs in shows will recieve a warning.

Im yet to run this through with pain but i was thinking the following for locations

World Wide
National
Cult
Regional
Local
Backyard
Schem
Schem

Back to top Go down

Post  White Wolf Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:43 am

Mhmmm....
That sounds cool.

I was also wondering if there was someway, perhaps with the main shows, of adding in a rating?

Not actually votes, but how many people were watching?

White Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Schem Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:54 am

Wolf Basically a Hit Counter
Schem
Schem

Back to top Go down

Post  White Wolf Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:23 am

No, more like the ACTUAL TV Ratings.

White Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Schem Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:25 am

That would be nice, but ticket counts are just the same arnt they
Schem
Schem

Back to top Go down

Post  White Wolf Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:59 am

I guess... Tell you what, later on tonight, time permitting, I'll write up my ENTIRE idea for feds...I doubt many of them can happen, but hey, whatever!

White Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next